An article I contributed to on Vastu is out in the Financial Times today! While I run across the street to pick up a hard copy, I wanted to share some interesting insight from the article. We do offer Vastu consulting to our clients who want it, but we always incorporate these principles into our work as part of creating a sustainable environment.
Here are five easy ways you can incorporate Vastu into your home or office space:
1. Place an aquarium in the northeast for wealth and prosperity.
2. Clear anything from underneath your bed to keep energy (prana) flowing.
3. Make sure your office is painted in stimulating (rajasic) colors, the bedroom in relaxing (tamasic) colors. Seems like common sense, doesn’t it?
4. Make sure the front steps, or path leading to your home is well maintained and free of damage and debris.
5. Sleep with your head in the east or the south.
Don’t expect miracles from small changes like these, but this NYC interior design firm believes that every little bit helps. For maximum benefit, be sure to bring a Vastu consultant on board as early as possible to assist with site selection and orientation.
For more information on how this ancient Indian science of architecture is becoming more accepted in the West, read the full article from the Financial Times.